SPC Shop Email Contest (the “Contest”)
There are ten (10) Prizes available to be won: Each Prize consists of one (1) $50 Gift Card from one (1) of SPC Card’s participating retail partners. Partner selection is at the sole discretion of SPC Card.
How to Participate
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. You may participate by visiting SPC Shop at SPCCARD.CA/shop and filling out your email address in the email registration field. Limit one (1) entry per person. For no purchase entry or to enter by mail, you may participate by printing your Full Name, Date of Birth (day/month/year), Street Address and Unit Number, City, Province, Postal Code, Daytime Telephone Number including Area Code and E-mail Address, on a plain white piece of paper and mail it, bearing sufficient postage, to: SPC Shop Email Contest, 999 Edgeley Blvd, Unit 1, Suite A, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5Z4. Limit one (1) entry per person or e-mail address.
2. This Contest starts on March 01, 2017 12:01 AM ET and ends on December 31, 2017, 11:59 PM ET (the “Overall Contest Period”).
3. No responsibility is assumed by Student Price Card Ltd. (the “Sponsor”), their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, for any disruption to telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or failure of any entry to be received because of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, as well as lost, misdirected, illegible or late entries which for any reason are not received.
1. This Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are residing in Canada at the time of this Contest. Any entrants under 13 years of age will require parental consent to participate.
2. To be eligible for this Contest, on-line entries must be received on or before December 31, 2017, 11:59 PM ET. Mail-in entries must be received by December 28, 2017 to be entered in the contest. Entries received online as well as mail-in entries will be included in the draw for the prizes to be held by a representative of the SPC Card in Vaughan, ON.
Draws will be held on the last Friday of every month beginning Friday, March 31, 2017 and ending Friday January 5, 2018. Once received, entries will be remain eligible for all remaining monthly draws. Entries will accumulate regardless of the month in which they were received.
Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted
3. Employees of Student Price Card Ltd., their partners, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, suppliers, printers, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, immediate family members of each and anyone with whom such employees are domiciled, are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
How to Win
1. If your entry has been selected as eligible to win a Prize, you will be notified by email and/or telephone. Up to two (2) attempts will be made to contact potential winners at the telephone number or e-mail address on their Official Entry Form between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM ET. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days, he/she is no longer eligible to win a Prize in this contest. No communication will be entered into except with the selected entrants.
2. In order to be declared a winner, a selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time over the telephone. There will be only one opportunity to answer the mathematical skill-testing question.
3. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within the specified time, is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, fails to complete and return the declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of receipt, otherwise fails to comply with these Contest Rules, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify that entrant and to randomly draw another eligible entry in accordance with these Contest Rules. By entering, you agree that if the selected entrant is disqualified and the prize is forfeited for any reason, the Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
4. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the contest period.
1. All entries become the property of Student Price Card Ltd. and none shall be returned.
2. All decisions regarding this Contest and the selection of the winners remain with the Sponsors and their promotional agencies and are final.
3. No Prize substitutions will be made, except for the right of the Sponsors to make a Prize substitution of equivalent or greater value in the event a Prize is unavailable for reasons beyond the Sponsors' control. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned.
4. The Sponsors, their affiliates and respective advertising and promotions agencies are not responsible for printing, distribution or production errors and may terminate or withdraw this Contest without liability at their sole discretion.
5. By entering, Prize Winners agree to sign a standard Release and Indemnity Form, releasing the Sponsors, their affiliates and respective advertising and promotional agencies from any liability in connection with this Contest or a Prize awarded.
6. By accepting a Prize in this Contest, the Prize Winners agree to hold the Sponsors, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of or in any way connected with the operation of this Contest and use of a Prize. Prize Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of a Prize. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsors.
7. By entering this Contest all entrants agree to the use of their name, address (city and province only), photograph, and/or image on videotape for publicity purposes relating exclusively to this Contest without compensation.
8. Student Price Card Ltd. reserves the right to disqualify any individual that it finds to be violating these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, tampering with the entry process or tampering with the operation of the website. Student Price Card Ltd. reserves the right to refuse an entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter. Any attempt by anyone to deliberately alter or damage this website and/or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is in violation of criminal and civil laws and Student Price Card Ltd. reserves the right to seek damages or other legal remedy to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Student Price Card Ltd. reserves the right to modify or cancel this Contest in the event of technical corruption, virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or any other technical problems, which may arise from time-to-time beyond the control of Student Price Card Ltd., destroying the integrity of this Contest. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Student Price Card Ltd. resulting from user attempts to participate in this Contest or if required, download any information necessary to participate in this Contest.
10. This Contest and the terms and conditions contained in these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated solely in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
11. Entrants hereby agree and consent to the collection of his/her personal information for the purposes of administrating this Contest unless the Entrant has lawfully consented to the use of their personal information for other purposes listed at the time of consent, as permitted by the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act. Prize Winners’ information shall be disclosed to the Contest Sponsors, specifically the Prize Winner’s name, mailing address, telephone number and/or e-mail address, as this information is required to award a Prize in this Contest.
12. Where applicable, this Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.