Program Terms and Conditions
SPC is a membership program, which is operated by Student Price Card Limited organized under the laws of Ontario ("SPC”).
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and SPC regarding your participation in the Program and SPC Rewards, your entitlement to redeem Rewards and your entitlement to any other benefits of the Program, and supersede all previous versions. Except as expressly contained in these Terms and Conditions, there are no conditions, representations, warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise. When you deal with SPC or its Partners over the Internet, you consent to the formation of contractual relations through electronic communications. SPC has the final authority as to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions and as to any other questions or disputes regarding the Program and SPC Rewards.
Participation in the Program
1. Membership is limited to natural persons only, who are enrolled in a recognized Canadian educational institution and are able to provide a valid piece of student identification (if over 16 years of age, no corporation, trust, partnership or other entity may hold membership in the SPC Program;
2. An SPC member ("Member") must enroll individually in his/her full legal name and such person may have only one open Account at any given time;
3. A Member may only receive benefits in one Account. Membership is solely for the benefit of the individual, therefore, it must be maintained in the name of an individual; any duplicate accounts can be removed at the sole discretion of SPC;
4. Rewards and any entitlement to redemption thereof are personal and cannot be assigned, traded, or otherwise transferred without the prior written consent of SPC or otherwise in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the SPC Program, as may be amended from time to time. Any assignment or transfer in violation of these rules will be void and may, at the sole discretion of SPC, result in the loss of membership or the cancellation of the affected Rewards redemption entitlement, as the case may be;
6. SPC is not responsible for lost or stolen cards. A new SPC Card will need to be obtained, at the expense of the member, through a retail channel. If the original card was obtained through BMO, then the member should contact BMO at 1-877-225-5266 to report their card lost and obtain a new one. SPC is not responsible for any redemption made by a third party using a lost or stolen SPC membership card;
7. SPC assumes no liability whatsoever, including without limitation, liability for any expense, loss, cost, injury, damage, accident or any other matter or thing whatsoever, however suffered or caused (including compensatory, incidental, indirect, special, punitive, consequential or exemplary damages or damages for loss of income or profits), directly or indirectly arising out of or related to the Program or by reason of the termination of or amendment to the Program in whole or in part, the addition or deletion of reward partners or other features with or without notice;
8. SPC membership and participation are privileges which can be revoked by SPC in its sole discretion at any time and without compensation for any reason including without limitation, for abuse or breach by a Member of any of the Terms and Conditions of the Program or any other actions deemed by SPC, acting in its sole discretion, to be contrary to SPC, the SPC Program, or the interests of its Members or reward partners;
9. SPC shall be under no obligation to continue the Program, or to provide any notice of its termination;
10. Each Member shall be responsible for advising SPC of any change of their name, mailing address, e-mail address or any other required membership Enrolment data. Neither SPC nor its Partners shall be liable for misdirected communications such as mail or e-mail or any consequences thereof;
11. Neither SPC nor its Partners shall be responsible for any failure of the SPC website or for any problems or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, online or Internet entry. In addition, neither SPC nor its Partners shall be responsible due to technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any computer or property related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material relating to the Program. SPC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Program should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of SPC corrupt the security or proper administration of the Program. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, SPC reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution; and
1. To participate in SPC Benefits, a Member must have applied for, been granted and possess an SPC Card;
2. To enroll, you must have a valid Canadian address, a valid e-mail address and be a minimum of 13 years of age at the time of enrolment, or provide proof of consent from a Parent or Guardian, which consent SPC reserves the right to request;
3. To become a Member, simply complete an SPC Program online Enrolment membership form available at the SPC website accurately and completely;
4. Enrolment also requires the creation of a password or a personal identification number ("Password") which is required to access your Account online. Certain password creation rules may apply and SPC reserves the right to change password creation rules to adhere to the strongest privacy and security standards in place. Anyone who knows your Password and Account number will have full access to your Account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your Password, for all activities that occur using your Password and for notifying SPC of any unauthorized use of your Password. SPC is not responsible in any way for any loss arising from unauthorized use of your Password or your failure to comply with these provisions;
5. By Enrolling in the SPC Program, you consent to receive SPC communications as well as other communications containing special offers about the SPC Program and its rewards and services, which communications may incur data charges if accessed or received via a mobile device.
6. SPC does not collect personal information on its website from individuals it actually knows to be under 13 years of age. The Program is not marketed to or directed towards children under 13 years of age. SPC requests that website visitors under 13 years of age not disclose or provide any personal information. If SPC discovers such information, it will delete the child’s personal information from its records. If for any reason SPC believes a user may be under the age of 13, it reserves the right to request proof of age of such user. If such proof is not provided, or if it is discovered the user is under the age of 13, all personal information regarding that individual shall be deleted from the SPC system and SPC reserves the right to limit and/or ban the user from membership in the loyalty program;
7. Note to Parents. SPC encourages parents to supervise their children’s Internet activities and to consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also keep children from disclosing online their name, address and other personal information without parental consent.
8. Enrolment at SPC Rewards website is subject to verification and will be deemed invalid if the information is not true and/or complete.
1. From time to time, SPC may invite reward partners to work with SPC to provide more benefits and opportunities to Members. SPC may also advertise offers for which Members may earn additional benefits;
2. Members must present their personal valid SPC card and, when requested, a valid Student ID to receive benefit from discounts. Different rules may apply in respect of Rewards redemption eligibility applicable to BMO SPC Cards;
3. Any unauthorized reproduction of an SPC card may lead to a deduction of or loss of all eligibility to redeem Rewards that may be associated with such Account, exclusion from the Program and may have additional legal consequences, all in the sole discretion of SPC;
4. SPC or a Partner may refuse to record or honour Rewards redemption eligibility associated with your Account, or if already recorded, may cancel such eligibility, if SPC cannot confirm via SPC systems, transaction receipts and other information that such eligibility was properly issued or obtained; and
5. If you believe that any Account statement reflecting your eligibility for Rewards is in error, you must contact Customer Service (1-800-267-9730) within 60 days of the date of the Account statement or such statement will be deemed correct, except for excess Rewards eligibility improperly noted in your Account. SPC may require that Members submit documentation to support your claim.
Returns and/or Exchanges
In the event of a return and/or exchange of any purchase for which SPC benefit was given, your level of benefit will be adjusted downward by an amount equivalent to any previous upward adjustment associated with the original transaction.
Redemption and Benefits
1. Only a Member may redeem Rewards and to do so must present: his or her SPC Card, which must be valid, as well as a valid piece of identification issued by a recognized Canadian educational institution when requested;
2. Your Account number and Password will be required for any available automated or online benefits.
3. You may be required to provide proof of and/or authentication of your identity when using your SPC card, to protect the integrity of your Account and to verify your Member status;
4. SPC may include or remove the Program’s additional reward partners in its sole discretion.
Inactive SPC Membership Accounts
A SPC membership account will be deemed inactive if:
1. Your SPC card has not been used for discount activity in the last 18 consecutive months.
2. A BMO SPC Card in your name has not been linked to a new SPC eligible BMO bank account in your name in the last 18 consecutive months.
3. You haven't opened a new BMO student account in the last 18 consecutive months.
Should each of the conditions above apply, your SPC membership account may be deemed inactive and all eligibility for benefits may be forfeited, with or without notice, in SPC’s sole discretion and SPC may close your SPC membership account.
Should your SPC membership account be deemed inactive, your BMO SPC Card will be replaced with another BMO product that does not earn eligibility for Rewards. All your existing banking information will be automatically transferred to your new BMO Card, including the PIN and banking passwords that you currently have.